quarta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2013

"Land of Dreams" Full Length Video

I heard this song for the first time when I was watching TV at home and I liked it a lot. Later I knew it was a song written by ROSANNE CASH for the DISCOVER AMERICA campaign and sung by her as well. The video presents beautiful places and it is an invitation to people around the world to visit AMERICA, for it is the LAND OF DREAMS where you can find everything you want and need.
I myself translated this song. I know that the word SHADE has several meanings, for example, "matiz", "cor" , "nuance", "sombra". However, in "A thousand shades of something new" the most appropriate translation is "Mil coisas (lugares) que lembram algo novo". I looked the word up in the dictionary and found this: shades of sb/sth used to say that someone or something reminds you of another person or thing: The food was horrible, (shades of school dinners). (LONGMAN - Dictionary of Contemporary English).

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário